Friday, April 3, 2020

Jayjays fashion parlour #10 WITH SELLY AMUTABI KADOT

Jayjay’s fashion parlour

#10 WITH SELLY AMUTABI KADOT.

jayjayUncategorized  November 1, 2019 5 Minutes

http://jjayparlour.io.ke

We are back at it again guys!!.Apparently this Is usually my readers favourite segment and damn!..today you are in for a big surprise!!.

This week on #The 10 segment we feature

Thee beautiful.. Amazing..humble..queen of radio.. Ingwe bae ..

Selly Amutabi Kadot

She is a radio presenter at Radio citizen FM #Wingu La Baraka.

Weekdays 1-4 pm

Sunday 1-4 pm

You can also catch her on Hot 96 every Friday morning with Jeff Koinange and Professor Hamo

Mc and Voice artist.


SUMMARY.

Get to find out her journey on radio.

-Celebrity crush..(OMG!)

-Why she is referred to as The Husky Voice.

-Stylist or no stylist??

-Details on Her amazing project Safari Yangu.

-Blankets for the streets initiative.

-Her biggest guilty fashion pleasure.

And so much more…


1.who is selly Amutabi?

Born and raised in Kakamega county, Uasin Gishu county, first born in a family of five (5) children, Attended primary at Shadrack Kimalel in Eldoret, St.Anne’s girls primary Mumias, Bunyore Girls high, Degree at Daystar University where I studied communication and journalism, Masters in International relations majoring in Foreign policy and diplomacy at (USIU) .

I am a fun loving human (smiles).. very tough but very kind, you will only see my roughness when you cross my line , otherwise I am humble, love interacting, love swimming as much as I can’t swim (laughs) ,love driving and above all I am a Christian, saved, lovehttps://www.instapaper.com/p/kristelmaedel Jesus.

2.How did you get into Radio?

I always wanted to be a journalist. Wanted to be a pilot but I dropped that since I have a phobia for heights (laughs) ,I also wanted to do political science, lawyer but my letter for law school came later after communication and journalism and that is how I ended up doing journalism. I have always been good in public speaking, both English and Kiswahili (my parents training me) ,with a unique voice, people call me The husky voice Ingwe Bae Selly Kadot Amutabi (smiles). I did not end up in radio by chance and very soon I will be on TV, watch out for this pace (laughs).

3.Your dress code is always on point! Do you have any stylist?

I get a lot of Direct messages (DM’s) on who styles me, where I get my clothes from, and soon I am going to have my own fashion line (laughs) because clearly my taste is out of this world. Breaking News..News flash (laughs) I don’t have a stylist but my brother Samuel Amutabi contributes a lot and my family. I am my own stylist (watch out for my clothline very soon..).

4.Where do you shop most of your beauty products??

I have particular people that I shop things from..I am not so much of a make up person so when you speak of beauty products it’s probably perfumes, lotions, body splashes, but I often purchase my perfumes when I travel.

5.Biggest fashion faux pass you see people committing?

Wanting to put on a dress because Selly has it on (No no no) dress according to your body. There are dresses which you put on and they make your legs look more thinner , You need to have really nice legs and there are dresses that are going to give you a tummy when you don’t even have one.

Looking good doesn’t mean having figure 8 ..it is basically knowing how to appreciate your body type and learning to dress well.

6.My biggest guilty pleasure concerning fashion is…??

I am addicted to dresses! I love dresses ,I was actually forced into having to put on trousers because of my job (road shows and evening events), otherwise any day ,anytime I love dressing in a dress especially flowing outfits (damn) I look beautiful (smiles) . I am an African Queen in those beautiful long dresses.

7.How many pairs of shoes do you own?

I think I own like 30 pairs but I am this person who buys shoes and doesn’t put them on. There is this shoe in particular that I really like and I am always putting it on that my siblings want to take it away from me (laughs)..One will tend to think I don’t have other pairs of shoes when I actually do..so shoes are also my guilty pleasure.

8.What is your take on 254s fashion and beauty industry?

The industry is on another level right now, you will make money out of selling beauty products and designing people’s outfits. A lot of my amazing A1 outfits have been made locally. I totally believe in local brands and promoting local talent. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it (9).. We have amazing designers from Kenya.

9.How has your experience on radio been so far?

So amazing.. I have worked for Shine FM at Daystar university as a boss, Radio presenter, producer, News anchor, worked for ghetto radio as a news reporter, worked for BBC (The broadcasting cooperation) as a news anchor in Swahili anchoring sports news, worked for qwetu radio (short time) , Nation FM as a producer and Q FM as a producer and presenter.

10.Any current or future projects we should know?

Currently I am working on a YouTube channel, pleasecheck the link on my Instagram bio (Selly Amutabi),

There is something amazing I do there known as safari yangu, peoples journey, those who have conquered survived cancer, HIV , accidents, moving on from break ups domestic violence, marriage’s that didn’t work, those are stories you’ll be seeing on my channel, feel free to subscribe.

Very soon I’ll be posting stuff in different pages that I’m working on with the youth in different parts of this country. I am set up to do something called Blankets for the streets, going to different counties and places to be able to supply people who spend their days on the streets. It is so sad to see people cover themselves with carton boxes when it’s cold. I cannot provide houses but I believe I can provide funding (not on my own).

Quick fire (Bonus).

1.Most embarrassing job?

Never had one really and I am thankful for that opportunity. It’s not really embarrassing, I am proud of it, used to sing with Hellenic Mtawali in a band to basically have pocket money in university… So yea…

2.Favourite designer?

Three guys who make my outfits , John fashion (john designer) ,there’s Bembeleza, Anne based in Kibera, amazing Lady, most of my gowns made by her.

3.Celebrity crush?

In Kenya you won’t believe it’s president Uhuru Kenyatta (laughs) .He looks like a very humble person, down to earth.

Outside; Joe Biden, Idris Elba, Tyler Perry (of course..married) {laughs]

4.Favourite Gospel artist?

Really girl, Really (laughs) I’m gonna get killed!. I don’t really have a favourite, as long as the song communicates, has an impact, then you’re that person I would love.All of them are amazing. Evelyne Wanjiru, Gloria Muliro, Ali Mukhwana ,Eunice Njeri, I appreciate God for them.


There you have it guys. She is simply amazing.

Check out her social media handles for more updates

Instagram; @Selly_Amutabi.

We appreciate and celebrate you at jayjay fashion parlour.

Remember to check out our website and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

http://jjayparlour.io.ke

Until next time..live..breath..fashion.



source https://kristelmaedelvalle1.wordpress.com/2020/04/03/jayjays-fashion-parlour-10-with-selly-amutabi-kadot/

No comments:

Post a Comment